A union of several brands, Bolton Adhesives saw its beginnings more than a hundred years ago with what is now the famous trademark for paper glue – UHU. In 1905, German pharmacist August Fischer began experimenting with the properties of glue in a factory in Bühl. Some thirty years later, Dutchman Cornelis van de Reepe founded Bison (then called Perfecta Chemie). Shortly following each other, the companies became a part of Bolton Group in the 1990s. The new millennium saw the acquisition of the Griffon and Bostik brands. Finally, combining the strength of these four adhesives propositions, they came together as Bolton Adhesives in 2012.
Over the years, some of the innovative highlights have been UHU All Purpose glue in 1932, Bison Kit® in 1958, the UHU stic in 1969, Montagekit® in 1972, Griffon HBS-200® Liquid Rubber and UHU stic ReNature in 2014, and the 2018 Poly Max® High Tack Express Crystal by Bison in 2018.